The Many Names And Roles Of God!
Did you know that God is not just our Father in heaven? Like us Mothers God wears many (and much more) hats than we do. He is so many things to us. In this post we are going to look at 12 roles that God plays in our lives.
I encourage you when praying to refer to these names and scriptures as you talk to Him.
1. Our Healer.
- “Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;” - Psalm 103:3.
- “..Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord.” - 2 Kings 20:5.
- “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” - Psalm 147:3.
2. Our Strong Tower.
- “The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.” - Proverbs 18:10.
- “But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.” - Psalm 94:22.
3. Our Shield.
- “My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.” - Psalm 144:2.
- “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.” - Psalm 84:11.
4. Everlasting Light.
- “Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.” - Isaiah 60:20.
5. Our Resting Place.
- “My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.” - Jeremiah 50:6.
6. Our Advocate.
- “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” - 1 John 2:1.
- “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.” - Psalm 121:1-2.
7. Our Hiding Place.
- “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” - Psalm 32:7.
- “I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” - Psalm 91:2.
8. Our Mediator.
- “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” - 1 Timothy 2:5-6.
9. Our Deliverer.
- “But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.” - Psalm 70:5.
10. Our Judge.
- “But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another.” - Psalm 75:7.
- “God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods.” - Psalm 82:1.
- “Before the Lord: for He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with His truth.” - Psalm 96:13.
11. Our Dwelling Place.
- “Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.” - Psalm 90:1.
12. Our Father.
- “And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” - 2 Corinthians 6:18.
- “If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?” - Hebrews 12:7.
- “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” - Matthew 6:9.
- “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He Him; male and female created He them.” - Genesis 1:27.
Did you know some of the many roles that God has? Can you think of any more?
Comment down below and let’s talk!