Praying For Yourself
When it comes to praying there is no secret formula. The only thing that God requires of you is for you to come to Him as you are. God longs to hear from you, He longs for you to have honest, transparent conversation with Him, so that He can work in your heart and your life. Your prayers do not have to be overly long, your prayers just have to be sincere – remember God can read your mind, He knows your every thought and He knows what you do not say. Yet, because He is such a gentleman nothing with Him will ever be by force.
I enjoy speaking to God about anything and everything. We are able to discuss my plans, my feelings and whatever is on my mind. I know that God is always there through the good times and the bad and you know what else?! He never changes, He never disappears, He is a constant friend in times of need. I know that when I speak to God He keeps whatever I say between us. It is reassuring to know that we have this relationship because unlike humans, God is without flaws. God is understanding, He gets it, He knows how hard life can be and this is why He says, “come to me all who are weary and I shall give you rest. Take my yoke” We cannot bear lives stresses and lives troubles by ourselves, we must plug in and connect to the source.
How often do you pray to God and what do you pray to Him about?
In this blog post, I am going to be discussing praying to God about ourselves. In the next post I shall discuss praying to God regarding our child(ren). When we come to Christ we are new creations and that means that we are not interested in the former way of living or our former life. Old things must pass away, so that new things can grow in their place. We won’t live life as we once did because Christ will change our way of thinking.
This moves us on to what you can pray for:
1. A renewed mindset – thinking negatively about things must change. You are a woman of God and a Mother who is fearfully and wonderfully made. With God on your side there is NOTHING you cannot achieve. Greater is He that is in YOU than He who is in the world! Be encouraged. You are strong.
"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him." - Psalm 62:5.
2. Strength – as mentioned before God is our source and without Him we cannot do anything. Can you imagine trying to use a phone with no battery?! Yes, me neither, it just won’t work. You cannot pour from an empty cup, we literally need God for everything. Through Him we are made strong.
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation." - Isaiah 12:2.
3. Emotional wholeness – refuse to allow anxiety and depression to consume you and your life. God desires for us to be whole. Pray for God to renew your mind daily and remove all anxiety, loneliness, sadness and depression.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:" - Psalm 139:23.
4. Temptation – it is so easy to be caught up in what looks good and what looks promising, but what the world has to offer is nothing compared to what God is offering. God offers stability, security, love, protection and His promises are sure.
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah." - Psalm 32:5.
5. Joy – one of my favourite scriptures relates to counting it all joy. Strive to live a life with hope and joy embedded in your heart. Draw close to our Father and allow Him to be there for you in the good times, the bad times and the challenging times. Through it all you’re never alone.
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24.
6. Motherhood – a beautiful experience, in fact a life changing one. One that we must walk with God through. God has equipped you when He chose you to be their Mother, so don’t be discouraged when you face challenging days. The beauty of Motherhood is we are growing with our children. I pray for God to always remind you that you were created for this. You’re a great Mother.
"In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:6.
7. Fear - God has not given us the Spirit of fear. Why would He?! A loving Father does not desire for His children to be fearful of anything. He desires for His children to be bold, confident and sure of who they are. YOU are a daughter of the King, so walk in your light.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7.
These are just some things you can begin to pray about. Can you think of any thing else to add to the list?